Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday Morning Hike


Husband and I decided to pack up the boys and go for a hike yesterday. We brought the magnifying glass so we could take a closer look at any fun things we found along the way. Bean enjoyed pointing out evergreen trees and deciduous trees (its damn cute hearing him say "deciduous"). Everyone did amazingly well. Monster was happy in the baby prison until the last 1/4 mile. I then made the mistake of freeing him, thinking (I'm not sure why I would think this) he would happily follow us back to the car. Needless to say, we made it back to the car but I was holding a screaming 18 month old. Husband and I are looking forward to another Saturday hike next week :) Hopefully the kids are too because I think our new Saturday routine is going to include hiking.
I am loving that spring is right around the corner (right, Spring?! I can't take anymore winter). I enjoy that I can hear the birds in the morning while I drink my coffee and read my book (yes, another book about homeschool. I'm an addict) before the kids get up. I cannot wait until the kids and I are able to spend the majority of the day playing outside (I am very much looking forward to my sweet tan!).
My wonderful mother-in-law is watching the boys for us today so Husband and I rearrange the house and get it ready for the home-study and safety check we have for our foster parent certification this Friday. We our moving our bedroom downstairs to the master bedroom (So long playroom). On the plus side, we will finally have our own bathroom that we won't have to share with the kids. SCORE! I'm so ready to be done with this house. We originally planned on living here for a year, two years tops. We have been here almost 4 years. Yuck! Hopefully, we only have another year (oh please, oh please, oh please) until we can pack up and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment