Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bleach alternative

Our family has given up bleach. At first it was just because I kept forgetting to buy it and then I realized that I don't really want that harsh chemical around me or my boys. We have been bleach free for a month or two now and my counters (white tiles...who the hell puts white tile counters in the kitchen!?) and our white comforter were looking a little....dingy.
I did a quick google search for bleach alternatives and found a recipe that I had all the ingredients for (yay!). While it is not as amazing as bleach, it works pretty damn well! My blanket is white again and my counters for about 5 seconds looked clean.

Bleach alternative
12 cups water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup hydrogen peroxide
Miix it all up. Add 2 cups per wash load (I just released I only used one. Maybe this is the reason there are still a few stains...). Pourin spray bottle and use as a household cleaner.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! We just use white vinegar, but I'll have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete