Friday, July 23, 2010

The incident

It was a bright and hot Thursday. The big boys were finishing up their lunch. Isaiah was in the walker munching on some snacks and Monster was happily playing by the kitchen. Every once in a while he would let out a squeal of pure delight.
"Meemaw, I have to go poop." Adrian said, as he licked the last of the agave off his fingers. I excused him from the table.
A few seconds later, "Meemaw! There is poop!"
I run over to see shit everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
"Adrian! What did you do?!?!" I exclaimed. It was at this moment that I see an empty diaper....and then I see a naked Monster...covered in poop. Poop on the floor...poop on toys....poop on my baby....EVERYWHERE. Monster sees me and and lets out a maniacal laugh while quickly crawling towards me.
I didn't know whether to laugh, scream, or cry. I picked up the poop covered Monster and tried to hold him in such a way as to avoid becoming covered in poop. He was like a squirming greased pig so I failed. I soon became another thing covered in shit. Another thing needing a deep, deep cleaning.
Aaaaaaah, the joys of motherhood....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amelia! That is one crazy nasty incident! LOL! Awesome! Little Ash is the most awesome little monster out there! :) My recent poo story is that Eli pooped in the bathtub...with me in it...but luckily it was solid...except that I didn't ever notice that he pooped...until I grabbed the turd in my bare hand. Ewwwww!!! Gag! Blah!! I was cleaning up his bath toys and then suddenly there it was! LOL!

    ReplyDelete