Saturday, August 28, 2010

New shoes

It has been forever and a day since I posted last. Almost everyday, something happens and I think "I should blog about that!" but when I actually get a chance to sit down and do it, I cannot for the life of me, remember what I wanted to blog about.
Lets see...Yesterday night we went to get the boys some shoes. Bean is basically in tears if we try to put his soccer shoes on (he calls his tennis shoes soccer shoes). He only wears his purple crocs but his feet are hanging out the back. Monster needed some shoes too because he is a crazy walking fool. I am not sure how well he will do in his shoes as he rips off ANYTHING I put on his feet. I don't think this kid has worn socks since he was three months old.
We went to stride right to look at shoes first. Bean wears a 12.5 in shoes. 12.5!!! That is GIANT! Monster is a teeny tiny 5. Stride right did not have any overly priced shoes that the kids liked. Thank goodness. It feels wrong to spend 40 bucks on a pair of shoes an 11 month old will wear for a few months before out growing. Yes, I said 40!
Next, we went to the croc store. Oh crocs, I love you! They didn't have any in Bean's size. Monster looked so damn cute in crocs but of course, he ripped them off the first chance he got. So Target was next. Jackpot! Well, for monster at least. Why is it that 98% of target's kids shoes must light up and/or have cartoon characters on it? I hate that! Luckily, Bean did not argue when we said "no" to all of those. He did discover a pair of knockoff timberland boot type things. It was love at first sight. He refused to try on any other shoes after that and if we made him he just complained that they hurt. Smart kid! So he left the store wearing basketball shorts and fake timberlands. I love that kid. On the way he sang a song about his great love for his new boots. Monster just cried. He hates the car

No comments:

Post a Comment