Sunday, July 31, 2011

Don't do, be

I drank the last bit of coffee I had Friday morning. Yesterday was my first day caffeine free. I woke up feeling fine, no headache all morning. Then around 1pm, my body had enough. I don't know if it was giving me the benefit of the doubt, maybe I was just going to fuel it's addiction later in the day but by 1pm it realized my intentions and it fought back. It felt like an ice pick was being stabbed right behind my eyes. Stab, stab, stab. Of course, we were spending the afternoon at a birthday party. A four year old's birthday party. Not the best place to have an ice pick stabbing headache. A small nap, and a few tylenol's later the headache was gone...for a little while. I woke up with the headache this morning. Not such a pleasant way to wake up. So I'm sitting in my living room, sipping mint tea with mint I picked from my garden and dried in my kitchen (go me!), praying that the Tylenol will kick in soon as screech is going to demand spongebob soon and I'm pretty sure I will chop my head off if I have to listen to that f'ing sponge while my body is trying to peer pressure me back to caffeine. I will not surrender! F'ing sponge, grumble, grumble, grumble
I harvested my first zucchini Friday afternoon. I used it on my pizza. Friday night, pizza night never tasted so good. I love when I can use my own homegrown veggies in the kitchen. I love knowing that I tending that zucchini, gave it love, care, water, and obsessed over it. Food just tastes better when it comes from your garden and you have made it from scratch. My ultimate dream is to make a meal with everything I have grown/prepared myself.
Husband has been complaining about the lack of sourdough in this house. He likes to point out that I had promised him sourdough years ago and have yet to deliver. My last attempt at sourdough was an epic fail but I think it is time attempt it again. I'm afraid husband will revolt. So later today (or maybe tomorrow...) I will begin the sourdough start! Wish me luck, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment