Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First sip of coffee

There is nothing quiet like that first sip of coffee in the morning. For some reason it just taste better than the rest of the sips I take throughout the day. The creamy/bitter warmth just does something for me. The sleep just seems to melt away from my eyes with that first jolt of caffeine. So it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to stop drinking caffeine (after my giant Costco bag of espresso roast is gone, that is). I had told myself I wasn't going to go back to my caffeine drinking ways after Monster was born and I did awesome the first year and then very slowley it started creeping back into my life. Now I feel all out of whack if I don't drink it in the morning and by 2pm I need a nap. No es bueno...
Pumpkin update! I know that you all were sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear about the pumpkins. I think I fixed the problem. So in my infinite wisdom, I put weed blocker under the pumpkin vines in hopes that the slugs would be out off by it and not climb all over the vines, causing mass destruction in their wake. This made it impossible for the pumpkin vine to lay down roots, causing the plant not to get enough off all the good stuff from the soil. Go Farmer Me! After removing the weed block a few days ago, the pumpkin plants are looking beautiful and no more baby pumpkins have been lost. Fingers crossed that we don't lose anymore (though I believe I just spotted a pumpkin plant sprouting over by the strawberries. So that makes our pumpkin plant total at 4. We have a freaking pumpkin patch our backyard).
All three kids are doing well. Screech is letting us see some of his issues, which is great! That means he is comfortable here and trusts that we are safe. I have been looking forward to when we could start making progress with his issues :)
I have Bean and Screech on an incentive plan that seem to enjoy. For every hour that they do well (respectful, follow directions, appropriate boundaries, etc) They earn a poker chip worth one extra minute of tv/game time. They can also earn extra chips by being extra awesome. Bean has something crazy like 34 chips!
All three boys just came tumbling down the stairs, interrupting my quiet with demands for milk and power rangers "acting" on the tv. My morning quiet time is never long enough. It seems these creatures can sense when I wake up and then get up shortly afterword, ruining my morning plans. Sneaky creatures...

No comments:

Post a Comment