Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hanging the laundry is zen

The kids are either napping or playing quietly in their rooms. This is my one hour a day I have to myself. Though normally at this time, I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to accomplish as many different tasks as possible before my hour is up. Even now, I have a list of things zooming through my head that need to be done (prep dinner, clean the floors, email screech's caseworker, find screech a dentist that takes his insurance, and on, and on, and on).
This morning I made another batch of the most fantastic blueberry muffins ever. I am pretty much convinced that this muffin recipe would make the most fantastic any type fruit muffins. I used this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/detail.aspx and only made a few changes. I used frozen blueberries because I had already processed all our fresh ones, I put a splash of vanilla, and used brown sugar for the topping instead of white. AMAZING. My family has been very happy chomping on these the last two days.

Today felt like a good arts and crafts sort of day so I rummaged through our school closet and found some great things to get crafty with. I love putting out random things and letting the kids go crazy. It's fascinating watching where their minds will take them. Monster and Bean wanted to make robots so we used toilet paper rolls and some straws to make them.
I used some toilet paper rolls, dixie cups, cardboard, and glue to start the awesomeness that will eventually turn into a castle with working drawbridge. It is going to be epic.
Before this crafting went down screech's caseworker from the agency he is with came over to check in with him and me. She is happy with how he is doing and thinks that after being here a month (can you believe it has already been a month?!)his behavior will probably stay about the same. She thinks the behavior stuff we have witnessed is about as bad as it is going to get. WooHoo! Hopefully she is right. I need to contact the school he will be attending to get him enrolled. I can't believe it is already time to start thinking about school. The summer is flying.
Alright faithful readers, I have ignored my duties long enough. Hopefully I will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment